Intensive Group

Part-Time Small
Group Course

Intensive Group HSK Preparation Course

Part-Time Group HSK Preparation Course

Group Course for Corporate Clients


1-on-1 Private Course

1-on-1 Private HSK Preparation Course

1-on-1 Private Course for Corporate Clients


Chengdu Campus

Learn Chinese in Chengdu | That's Mandarin Chinese School


Chinese Visa Guide


So, you’ve decided to learn Chinese with us. That’s fantastic! Now let’s sort out your visa. No matter whether you coming from abroad or are already in China, we can help you apply for the type of visa that best fits your type of visit.

Chinese Visa Guide | That's Mandarin

01. About Chinese Visas

First of all, great news. Starting from March 15, 2023, China has resumed issuing all types of visas to international travelers. There are many types available depending on the purpose and duration of your stay.

For reference, here’s the whole list:

✅ Z | Work Visa
✅ M | Business Visit Visa
✅ F | Noncommercial Visit Visa
✅ X1 | China Student Visa (>180 days)
✅ X2 | China Student Visa (<180 days)
✅ G | Transit Visa
✅ S | Visa for visiting family members studying or working in China (S1 and S2)
✅ Q | Visa for family members of Chinese citizens / foreigners with Chinese permanent residence permit (Q1 and Q2)
✅ R | Talent Visa
✅ C | Crew Visa
⌛️ L | Tourist Visa (not yet)

❕Tourist visas are not available yet, but it is only a matter of time. International travel is expected to fully resume very soon, we’ll keep you updated.

02. Types of Visas We Provide

Now, as a Chinese language school, we are eligible to provide 2 types of visas:

✅ L | Tourist Visa

Available for students who come for a short term (less than 3 months).

✅ X2 | Student Visa

Available for students who come for a longer term (3-6 months).

❕If the X2 visa is not available for your country, please contact us.

03. Visa Details

L | Travel Visa

The Chinese L Travel Visa is relatively easy to get. We usually recommend it to all short-term students and Summer Camp participants, because it’s the fastest and easiest way to come to China, learn Chinese, and travel.

L Travel Visa Requirements

You will need to provide your booking details for accommodation and your itinerary. We will help you collect the necessary documents.

Courses Eligible for L Travel Visa

We provide a wide range of short-term courses eligible for the L Travel visa. For example, you can choose to come to China for a short-term Chinese immersion course, or for a summer holiday.

Intensive Group Chinese Course | That's Mandarin Beijing
Short-Term Intensive Course for Adults

Our Short-Term Intensive Group (or Private) program is a popular choice for learners who would like to improve their Chinese fast. The course features 3 group Chinese classes a day, 5 days a week. You will have the weekends free to explore the city and connect with locals. The course is available all year round.

Chinese Immersion Summer Program in Beijing | That's Mandarin Language School
Summer Immersion for Adults

Our Summer program is a popular choice for learners who would like to improve their Chinese fast over the summer. The course features 3 group Chinese classes a day, 5 days a week. You will have the weekends free to explore the city and connect with locals.

Graduation | Best Chinese Summer Camp 2022 is Now Online Too!
Chinese Summer Camp

Our Summer Camp programs are designed for kids & teens 7-17 years old. It’s a great way to learn Chinese and explore the Chinese culture, with various options available from Classes-Only camps to Homestay.

X2 | Study Visa

The Chinese Student visa (X visa) is split into two categories: X1 and X2. The X1 type is issued by universities. The X2 type can be provided by language schools. It is a single-entry visa issued to those who will stay in China for less than 180 days.

X2 Study Visa Requirements

Requirements for X2 Student Visa are quite strict. You will need to:

– Have a minimum of 15 classes per week;

Attend the classes. Your attendance rate* should be no lower than 80%;

– Provide an admission letter from our school**, which we will help you prepare along with other documents.

*If you fail to attend your classes, your X2 visa can be canceled mid-term, or not renewed for a new term.

**Please note that this type of visa requires you to make the tuition payment in advance, as the invoice will be necessary for the visa application.

Courses Eligible for an X2 Study Visa

Bearing these requirements in mind, you have many courses to choose from. Here is a list of our courses that match the minimum requirement of 15 classes per week:

Chinese Visa Program | That's Mandarin Beijing
Chinese Visa Program

If your goal is to come to China or extend your stay in China, here’s a course designed for quick Chinese mastery. It includes 3 group Chinese classes a day, 5 days a week.

Intensive Chinese group classes | That's Mandarin
Intensive Group Classes

Intensive Group classes are the popular choice for those who want to master Chinese fast. The program features 3 classes a day, 5 times a week. This program is available all year round, and you will be placed in a small group of peers with a similar level of Chinese.

Intensive Group HSK Preparation Course in Shenzhen | That's Mandarin
Intensive Group HSK Course

If you would like your intensive group classes to focus on the HSK preparation rather than on general language fluency, we have a special course for these goals. You will be placed in a small group of peers of the same level of Chinese. The schedule is also 3 classes a day, 5 days a week.

Private Chinese Course for Corporate Clients | That's Mandarin Shanghai
Intensive 1-on-1 Private Course

If you want to have private classes with a teacher one-to-one, you can consider enrolling in our Private course. This way, you can customize your learning content and schedule. You can choose the time that suits you best, as long you meet the minimum visa requirements of 15 classes per week.

Visa Application Steps

Here are the steps you’ll need to follow in order to apply for a visa to China:

1. Select a course (contact us if you need help) and choose the suitable visa category;

2. Prepare your visa application including necessary supporting documents;

3. Submit your application to the Visa Office of Chinese Embassy;

4. Pay the visa application fee at the Visa Office;

5. Pick up your visa and come to China.

Contact Us

Have questions regarding our courses or visas?

Ask us on WeChat by scanning the QR code below, or submit a form on the Contact Us page:

Contact Us on WeChat
Thats Mandarin Logo
Live chat
Wechat Logo
Chat icon
Chat with us
Thats Mandarin QR Code
Take a screenshot and use WeChat to scan the QR code
Chat Chat with our Course Consultant